Friday 12 September 2014

Armies On Parade: The Iron Tenth

So I went into my local GW recently, to ask if there was any painting competitions coming up soon. I've only entered one before but it was a fun day, some serious talent about! Anyway, all they have on the horizon is Armies On Parade. Perfect! It's just the kick in the arse I need to get a bit of productive hobbying done. I have until the 23rd of October to get together a 2x2 board ready with whatever models on it I like. I'm going to use my Iron Hands, using this deadline to polish off a few things, figure out how to paint the tank, maybe add another character. Also, and in many ways even more important for me, is a bit of pressure and focus on actually building terrain. After two posts here showing off other blogs doing it the right way with stunning boards, it's time to get the proverbial finger out. I've been collecting bits for potential terrain for ages, bottles, containers interesting looking thingys, and now I get to use them. I measured a few of the pieces up and made rough 3D models of them to make a plan of the board. Here's where I got to. Now all I have to do is make it all...




No comments:

Post a Comment