Wednesday 12 February 2014

Internet - Welcome to Victory Painting!

Cutting out that chest piece sucked
I'm a 40k hobbyist. Well, a GW hobbyist really, right now though 40k is pretty much where it's at personally. Gaming is great, super-fun in fact, particularly when you're playing with a group of great people, but for me, painting, modelling and converting is what it's all about. It's always been a pretty much solitary pass time for me, but over the last while, particularly since getting involved in my local gaming group and becoming a contributor to r/warhammer, I've started seeing the hobby as more of a community affair.

Techmarine servo arm
So after much deliberation (read: procrastination), I've finally set up a blog. I've wanted to do this for close to a year now and, finally, I've bitten the bullet. Why? Well, I think it's a good and worthwhile thing to do. There are several blogs I keep tabs on, my daily websites I flick to to check for any cool little updates, new inspiring updates, or full blown epic articles on fluff, tactics and the community. I have gained so much from these blogs that I've long felt almost a kind of obligation to 'give something back'. I know, I know, we're not talking about donating blood or feeding the homeless here, but I think and hope people who read this kinda know what I mean.


FW brass etching
So here we are, Victory Painting, were I'll be keeping you up to date with my hobby experiences for the foreseeable future or until I just stop posting... hopefully that wont happen. I'm sure my good hobby buddies will keep me motivated, hopefully they might even post a few guest articles, and the more feedback I get the more I'll be pushed to keep it up (I'm a sucker for extrinsic motivation).

Tentacle Maker in action!







The type of stuff I hope to post are WIPs of project I'm working on, as well as the finished models of course. Maybe some images of my back catalogue, some of the stuff at the back of my wardrobe that would probably never see the light of day. A couple of tutorials - I'm no golden demon winner, but I 100% believe everyone and anyone can pick up something useful by seeing how others work. I've got a bit of an idea in the back of my head that I'd love to be able to pay for (most of) my hobby through commission work, maybe we'll raise that issue again in the future if anyone actually ever sees this blog (let alone likes it!).

Just needs basing
So there's my introduction, thanks for reading and I hope you make it back for some more of whatever I feel like posting! Just to kick off with some pics, here's one of my recent models that I have to say I'm pretty pleased with - my first Iron Hands Techmarine. If gaming I guess he can be run as a Librarian. He's going to be the first of, I hope, many Iron Hands Character conversions. Comments and criticisms welcome of course, not just on the pics but everything else too.

Cheers,
v1ct0ry88

No comments:

Post a Comment